1. I wasn't convinced of Katara's feelings. Even after the finale, I'm still not convinced that Katara cares for Aang in a romantic light. Especially since they put that "I'm so confused" scene as the last moment before Kataang became canon, and spent so little time together in the finale.
2. It DRAGGED ON. THE ENTIRE SHOW. I was sitting there bored to tears thinking "Bryke, if you're gonna make them canon, JUST DO IT. Stop dragging Kataang out, because it's gonna look odd when Katara suddenly makes her up mind after knowing that Aang's liked her for 2 seasons. :/"
3. Aang and Katara's relationship is really important to the show, but I don't think it neccesarilly had to be a ROMANTIC relationship. They could have easily just been friends, with Aang STILL being attached to her because of the companionship she offers, without the poorly developed romance.
4. There are other ships which fit more with the themes of the show. e.g. Zutara (*IS SHOT FOR HER BIAS* ). Because of the whole forgiveness and redemption theme that runs through the show.
5. To me their personalities, don't fit very well a romantic relationship. As friends, I think they work wonderfully together, otherwise I just can't see them in a functional, happy relationship.
*waits for angry, rabid shippers to come and pelt her to death*
Just so anyone who happens to see this comment, and disagrees, I am not looking for a debate. You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am, and I was just giving my opinion to the person who wanted to know why Kataang does not make sense to some people.
So please, no flames, no ship wars, and if you were truly offended by my comment, then I'm sorry, but this is just how I feel about the ship.
well if there was a "HECK YES" button I would have clicked it! It makes total sense!
Yeah, I know some people don't like it because it's set out right in front of you in the first... like... 8 minutes of the first episode, but it's really cute, and the really truly care for each other! I don't really get Zutara at all... so if this was the same question Zutara-wise, I would have clicked "hell no" so, whoever clicked "hell no" for this I would really like a description of Zutara that is not the usual, "Opposites Attract" thing please!!!
I can give you a good description of why Zutara shippers think Zutara makes sense. If you want. I've discussed why the ship makes sense to me so many times, I can easily give you something more articulate than "opposites attract".
... Or better yet, you could read this very insightful ship manifesto: [link]
Enjoy the chance to better understand another ship!
thanks for the explaining, although I don't get Zutara any more... I think what I really meant was I wanted to understand the shippers minds, because, I've mostly known why... I guess I just don't understand what's going through Zutarian minds...
hmmm..... well that's definitely another way to put it... wait.... is any ship actually being...... a hotdog or a soydog? But I do kind of get it.... I just don't get the whole, "It's SOOOOO HOT!!" Thing that, from what I can tell, almost every Zutarian says.... I guess I'll never get it though... don't really know why I'm trying so hard....